Are you ready for a new career path?
Are you looking for a company that values integrity, initiative, good judgment and teamwork?
As a part of our continued growth, we are searching for the right individual to join our team!
If you are an individual with a passion for helping people and a desire to learn a new career, our position may be for you .
We are looking for individuals to train in Disability Claims Processing with a strong desire to embrace and represent our unique culture founded on our Core Values of Integrity, Initiative, Good Judgment and Teamwork and our passion for changing lives through leadership development. .
There's an energy and excitement here, an opportunity to work with a diverse culture while sharing a goal to improve the lives of others, as well as our own. The result is a culture of performance that's driving the health care industry forward.
The Disability Processor works independently in reviewing and determining eligibility of disability claims under client’s short-term disability plan. Accurately calculates benefit amount and communicates to claimant and client.Provides professional customer service to claimant, client and co-workers.
Key Result Areas
- Review and determine eligibility of disability claims under employer’s short-term disability plan.
- Obtain necessary supporting documentation by using telephone and written contact with claimant and authorized personnel at employment.
- Utilize appropriate applications to determine benefit eligibility, compensation rate and expected recovery period.
- Calculate benefit payments and apply applicable offsets
- Process benefits on a weekly basis and adhere to strict payroll submission deadlines
- Adhere to internal guidelines on referring claim to medical review team
- Maintain on-line claim data along with paper file where applicable
- Documents and communicates claim decisions
- Provide daily/weekly updates to client on claim status
- Adhere to industry and client specific turnaround times
- Maintain satisfactory productivity
- Availability to work some holidays, occasional weekends and occasional weekday overtime
- Performs other duties as assigned or needed