Experience and Skills:
- English-Spanish bilingual (50% or more of your patients will prefer to speak Spanish)
- Candidate should be health-centered and should be able to model healthy lifestyle skills
- Current health coach certification OR certification within six months of employment (sponsored by JBS)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, with the ability to navigate a Windows environment
- Strong interpersonal relationship & communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively with a diverse workforce population
- Time management, organizational, analytical, and writing skills in both English and Spanish.
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently, efficiently, perform multi-tasking, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines.
- Experience working with people to improve their physical or psychosocial health, or both
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in health science, psychology, behavioral sciences, public health, counseling, social work, nursing, nutrition, or exercise (or enrolled in a 4+-year degree program)
- Clinical care experience, community health experience, or behavioral health therapy experience
Preferred, but NOT required Qualifications:
- Motivational Interviewing training and experience a plus (health coach will participate in intensive team and individual training in Motivational Interviewing)
- Certification or licensure in one or more of the following healthcare occupations: counseling, social work, health coaching, nursing, medical assistant, community health planner, or some clinical field relevant to chronic care management is a plus. Some examples include, but are not limited to: MCHES, CHES, CCP, RHC, CHC, CDE, CMA, LCSW, LPC, LCDC, LAC, RN, ACE, NASM, Licensed Psychology
AmeriBen is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion for equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran or military status, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local law.
If you are unable to use our online application process due to a disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com