Experience and Skills:
Minimum Qualifications and Education
* Current active and unrestricted licensure as Registered
- 3-5 years of clinical practice experience, e.g., hospital
setting, alternative care setting such as home health or
ambulatory care required.
- Case management and discharge planning experience required.
- Crisis intervention skills preferred.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (Bachelor’s Degree is a plus).
- Two (2) years of clinical or utilization review experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, motivational interviewing skills, and
the ability to work effectively with a diverse patient population.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing,
medical information to health care professionals, employer groups,
brokers, stop loss, internal customers, members and families.
- Ability to work independently under general instruction and with a team.
- Time management, organizational, research, analytical, and
- Types 45 wpm, 10-key and computer knowledge.
- Able to demonstrate excellent attendance and punctuality.
- Excellent customer service attitude and professionalism.
- Demonstrate Accuracy, Customer Service, Timely Turn-Around (ACT).
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Ability to work efficiently, perform multi-tasking, prioritize
tasks, and meet tight deadlines.
- Possess a high degree of integrity and discretion, as well as the
ability to adhere to both company policies and best practices.
- Ensure compliance with security practices and procedures,
including HIPAA and HITRUST standards.
- Ability to efficiently and effectively perform the Key Result
Areas with or without a reasonable accommodation without posing a
direct safety threat to others or self.
- Protect and enhance the Core Purpose and the Core Values of AmeriBen.
- Certification in Case Management (CCM) desired.
- Knowledge of UR/Case Management functions, self-funded insurance
plans, networks and coding preferred.
Ameriben is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
committed to creating an environment of diversity and inclusion for
equal employment and advancement opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity and/or expression, genetic information, disability, veteran
or military status, or any other category protected by federal,
state and/or local law.
If you are unable to use our online application process due to a
disability, please contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com